Job Vacancy- Class 4 MOT Tester
Are you a qualified and experienced Class 4 MOT Tester who is looking to join a growing and established team in Stockport? If so, then we want to hear from you.
John Delany Motors
John Delany Motors is a family business established in 1980. Based at junction 1 of the M60, we are an approved Bosch Car Service Centre who MOT, service and repair any make or model of vehicle. We constantly invest in the latest equipment and diagnostic technology and use the same testing equipment as the main dealers.
As a family run business we’ve built our reputation on the quality of service we provide to all of our customers, with 97% of our customers giving us a 5* rating. We follow the Bosch Code of Practice, ensuring that we always:
- Treat customers with fairness and respect
- Present Clear and uncomplicated billing
- Carry our work out in a timely fashion
- Only sell necessary parts, services or guarantees
- Deal with any complaints fairly and quickly
- Use Like-for-like quality parts
- Conduct all repairs in line with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Promote honest and truthful advertising
No day is ever the same here at John Delany Motors. Working as part of our team you will share our pride in conducting MOTs on a variety of cars and light commercial vehicles. You will gain a wealth of experience to Bosch Car Service Centre standards.
You & Your Profile
As an experienced Class 4 MOT Tester in the automotive sector you will be able to complete MOTs and re-tests in allotted time slots of 45 minutes whilst maintaining company standards. We will guide you and support you with industry leading training and career opportunities to help you develop your skill set. You will be expected to perform 9 MOT Tests & approximately 2 Re-tests per day.
Provide records of all completed work.
Keep work area neat, tidy and clean.
Previous service experience and working with Mercedes Benz, BMW, Land Rover and Jaguar is desirable but not essential, as full training will be given.
A full UK Driving Licence is essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team in an unsupervised well-equipped workshop. Great communication skills and own tools are required.
Your hard work will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary plus bonus
- Approved Overtime
- Continued training and development – Bosch training available for suitable candidates
- Tools Insurance
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (to be accrued)
- Uniform provided
- Well maintained equipment and the latest technology
Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm (alternate weeks)
Saturday 8am- 12 pm (1 in 3 Saturdays)
Please send your CV to
For further details please give us a call on 0161 477 6266 or pop in to see us Wood Street, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0DF.