Ignoring a warning Light on your dashboard could lead to engine failure.
- If an engine light illuminates your dashboard, do not ignore it.
- It’s quite possible that the light could be for a minor issue, such as a faulty fuel cap, or it could mean something far more serious.
- Last week we had a call from a customer who was worried as their engine light had appeared. We immediately recommended the vehicle was booked for an investigation with a diagnostic report.
- The diagnostic highlighted glow plug faults and a code indicating a stretched timing chain.
- This week our Technicians have removed the engine to replace the Timing Chain.
- Had the driver continued to drive with this light on it could have suffered premature engine failure due to damaged parts.